The college became associated with the University of the Punjab in 1932 so that it could grant engineering bachelor's degrees. The institution was providing well-known B.Sc. degree programmes in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering in 1947, the year of India's independence.
The nation's first-ever bachelor's degree programme in mining engineering began there in 1954. The West Pakistan University of Engineering & Technology, however, marked the beginning of the institution's real growth and development, and within a few years Bachelor's Degree Programs in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum & Gas Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Architecture, and City & Regional Planning were launched.
1. Applications will be received online. Candidates are not required to visit the University. However, officials will be available to provide guidance to candidates, if they so require.
2. The admission process will start from Monday, January 16, 2023. The applicant needs to log on to our admission portal, admission.uet.edu.pk via a token on payment of Rs.2,000/-. The token number can be obtained in two ways: (a) through HBL online banking if you are an HBL account holder, or (b) through HBL KONNECT if you are not an HBL account holder. In case of (a) and (b) the token number is your challan number, which is valid until Monday, February 13, 2023.
3. Online application filling and submission facility will be available at the UET admission portal, admission.uet.edu.pk from 9:00 am, Monday, January 16, 2023. Prospective applicants are advised to follow the steps described in the Undergraduate Prospectus 2023, already available on the admission portal, for filling of admission application. Relevant documents need to be scanned and uploaded with the application.
4. Per the direction of Government of Punjab, 2% quota, for non-muslim applicants, has been reserved. Non-Muslim applicants can apply both on open merit categories and NM category, which is reserved for non-muslims.
5. Per the directions of Supreme Court of Pakistan DAE/diploma holders can apply on open merit seats in relevant disciplines.
6. Number of scholarships are available for admitted students. Last year scholarships were awarded to almost 60% of students on need/ merit basis.
7. Hostel Accommodation is provided subject to availability of space.
View Latest Jobs